Are you ready for some fun Mexico outdoor adventures?
Here are a few of the activities and their respective locations we recommend in Mexico. And remember, the word “adventure” does not necessarily just mean extreme, difficult, and only for athletes.
Easy – Intermediate Adventures
Jungle Hiking – The walk is usually on man-made paths made of dirt and sometimes bigger stones. Sturdy hiking shoes, gym shoes, or sandals are usually the best choices for footwear. Almost always a local guide will lead you on your walk to explain the many benefits of the plants and trees you will pass by along the way. Many guides only speak Spanish (and maybe another native language) so if you don’t speak the local language, it may be best to have a bilingual host guide to accompany you who can translate.
Whitewater River Rafting is fun for all ages; even for families with kids as young as 8 or 9. Check with the local tour companies for their recommendations on age limits.
- San Luis Potosi
Hot Air Balloon Rides is another way to “Go Adventuring” in Mexico. You can find yourself floating high up in the air
- Over the Teotihuacan Archaeological Ruins, Mexico City
- San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato
- Lake Tequesquitengo, Morelos
- Tequila, Jalisco
- Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
Speaking of balloon rides, you may be interested in attending the Leon International Balloon Festival held each November in Leon, Guanajuato. It is the largest of its kind in Latin America.
Exploring Archaeological Ruins is a fun adventure to learn more about these ancient cities which sprang up through much of Mexico as well as Central and South America.
- Mexico City Area – Teotihuacan, Tula, Templo Mayor
- San Miguel de Allende – Cañada de la Virgen
- Chiapas – Palenque, Tonina, Yaxchilan, Bonampak
- Oaxaca – Monte Alban, Mitla
- Veracruz – El Tajín, Cempoala, Quiahuiztlan
- Tabasco – Comalcalco, La Venta
- Yucatan – Uxmal, Chichen Itza, Ek Balam
- Quintana Roo – Coba, Tulum
- Campeche – Calakmul, Becan, Dzibanche, Kohunich
- Morelos – Xochicalco, Tepozteco, Chalcatzingo
Ocean Fishing – You’ve got the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, Pacific, and the Sea of Cortés to choose from. There are also many lakes and streams.
Zipline Rides – Fun for everyone!
- Cancun area
- Puerto Vallarta area
For help in planning you own Mexico exploration vacation, contact www.MexicoVacationTours.com. It is a US-based tour company which specializes in custom designed Mexico adventure and cultural travel. They also advertise tours in the state of Veracruz at www.DiscoverVeracruzTours.com. They know Mexico!